Saturday, November 22, 2008

Oh the Places You'll Go!





So, this last week, Cherry Creek Elementary has been doing a reading campaign throughout their school. They invited a bunch of SHS student athletes to come read their favorite picture books to the kids. Erica, Taren, Syd, Ashby, and I represented the Drill Team. Taren, Erica, and I read to Mrs. Boyer's 3rd grade class, and I chose, "Oh the Places You'll Go," by Dr. Suess. Some of my favorite "kid-like" comments of the day were, "My friend Braiden saw you guys at recess and said you were hot!" and later from Braiden himself, "Ah! The room over got the cheerleaders!" We had tons of fun, and I would totally do it again in a heartbeat!

4 comments:

Britanee Walker said...

that's a favorite book of mine too!

Tahiti Chick said...

Meg - your hair is LONG! (Random observation, sorry.) That book always makes me think of you. Have a wonderful thanksgiving! Love you bud!

Michelle said...

I love that book - it's great!

Parkside View said...

I didn't realize that "you're hot!" was now a kid-type comment. Man the times have changed!

Oh, and by the way, you're hot!