Wednesday, February 27, 2008

It's been a busy one!

If you're used to reading my blog, you know that I'm good at it for a few days, fall behind, and then take one post to update everybody about a month or so of my life. I'm in that last stage, so here it goes! This last month Drill went to State. We did pretty good, but because of difference in some interpretation of rules we didn't place. It was a really great experience and it was great to get some really good competition experience. Both the girls and the boys basketball teams went to state. The girls made it all the way to semi finals and the boys just finished up yesterday. We lost in a really close game (it was sad!) A cheerleader in the game right after us was killed in a car accident on the way home, and our prayers extend to her family and West High. I inherited a really beautiful mahogany hope chest this month that we have moved into my room. Right now, it is just holding bedding, but eventually I'll get my keepsakes in there! I was able to go see Young DanceMakers this month and Ririe Woodbury Modern Dance Co. and Vibe last month. I'm so lucky to live in a culture so conducive to dance. It's been really fun to rub shoulders with Benji Schwimmer again, and to see him perform. The most important thing that happened this month, though was Lauren's family's mission call. As many of you know, her dad has been called as a Mission President and they have been anxiously waiting to know where their French speaking mission would be. I was lucky enough to be there when they opened the call. They have been called to Tahiti (her dad will be returning there after serving his mission there!) While we're all going to miss her lots, it's going to be an amazing experience for her and her family!

1 comment:

Shannon and Andrew said...

WOW Tahiti. What a fun place to go. Is she excited. I want to go...on vaction there.