Saturday, June 7, 2008

She Finally Did It!

It's true, after 23 years of teaching, Grandma finally retired! We had a big celebration (:against her wishes:) for her last Saturday in Diana's backyard. It was great to see all of her friends and family come together to celebrate the difference she has made in the lives of all of these kids. My job involved sitting at the book and smiling at everybody the whole night while Aubrey ran to get my food. (Not bad, eh?) By the end of the night, Lauren, Aubrey, and Gracie all wanted to help, so I kind of just ended up being supervision. We had BBQ sandwiches, fresh fruit, and BYU brownies...YUM! It was great to have so many people there, and I think that grandma enjoyed herself despite the unwanted attention.

Here's the girls and I sitting at the book (um actually a picture mat that everybody signed)

The brownies that I ate too many of...and am still working off!

Grandma with a bunch of the family

Grandma with a group of her close friends

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Your mom is such a great person - I just love her. The party was lots of fun - it's always good to get together with everyone. I'm so excited for her...Let the summer begin!!! :)

Britanee Walker said...

those are such cute pictures! i look so dang cute....anyways, it was very fun to see all you guys! i don't feel like we all get together enough!

Shannon and Andrew said...

I am very sad that we missed out. I am glad Grandma retired so maybe she will come visit us more often.