Friday, January 25, 2008

Plies, Placing, and Puking...Oh My!

It's been a wild week.  Okay, you're right... it's actually been insane.  Region Drill was last night, and let's just say everything leading up to it included no sleep, and lots and lots of work!  The whole team's been feeling sick, but after dinner at competition last night dancing happened to be the straw that broke the camel's back.  I threw up about 3 and a half minutes after we finished our slot in the Military category.  (Perfect timing- I know.)  Luckily, I wasn't dancing in the next category, so I got a few minutes to sit out and calm down.  We then moved on to Novelty, Drill Down and Awards.  Springville took 3rd in Region and landed a spot in State Competition.  I got home, and crashed.  I woke up this morning wondering the last time I felt this sick.  Luckily, we didn't have early morning Drill (that actually would have been humanly impossible.)  We had a short practice, which actually involved more half-conciousness than practicing anything.  Upon finishing that, I came home, and have tried to sleep, but have managed to find myself immersed in the sick trap of lame daytime television.  (Re-runs from the 90's or Spongebob Squarepants...you take your pick.)  Anyways, I didn't get on my blog to whine about my life, but really to say thanks to my parents who really have supported me.  My mom honestly is a superhero.  My dad suprised me and made it to the competition (he ditched a meeting for me:)  Grandma was awesome and made it out too.  Another shout out to Mrs. A, Cass, and the administration- "You guys are awesome!"

2 comments:

Naomi said...

It was so fun to see your post on my blog! It looks like you are having so much fun this year! What a talented girl you are . . .

I had so much fun hanging out with your "super-hero" Mom. There is nothing better than good friends and good food! :)

Hope you guys can make it down again SOON!

Shannon and Andrew said...

You are just constantly on the go. I don't know how you do it. I think the superhero blood runs through your veins too. Love you